FUTURE-PROOF YOUR CAREER
Developing Blockchain Strategy
Understand the fundamentals and impact of blockchain, and work with leading industry experts to build a real-world strategy for your business.
8 weeks per course
(5-7 hours per week)
NEXT START DATE
12 Jun 2018
19 Mar 2018 (Sold out)
A$1600 GST inc.Learn about payment options here
No entry requirements, critical thinking required.
About this course
You’ve probably heard of blockchain. It’s the technology that powers a US$180billion cryptocurrency industry. But the truth is, bitcoin is only a small part of blockchain’s potential. We’re here to show you the big picture.
RMIT is the first Australian university to offer a dedicated blockchain short course: Developing Blockchain Strategy. This isn’t a course that is all about theory. We’ve partnered with industry leaders, like Accenture and Stone & Chalk, to develop a hands-on blockchain program. It’s a course for people who want to build real-world strategies and upskill fast. Less essay, more application.
Learn the foundations of blockchain, study with global thought leaders and get mentoring from industry experts.
So, ready to get started?
Why this blockchain course?
Learn from global thought leaders
Developing Blockchain Strategy has been co-designed by the RMIT Blockchain Innovation Hub – a global team of thought leaders, researchers and experts in cryptoeconomics. It’s the cutting edge of blockchain thinking.
Get job ready
We’ve partnered with industry experts like Stone and Chalk and Accenture, to make this program as practical as possible. You won’t just get a theoretical understanding of blockchain: you’ll learn how to use it.
Future-proof your career
We’ve built this course with companies that understand blockchain. We’ll start with the blockchain fundamentals, then use them to develop real-world business strategies. It’s your chance to leapfrog the competition.
Find out more in our FAQ.
Learn with industry experts
Get ready to meet some of the biggest names in the blockchain business.
How does it work?
An introduction to the blockchain basics. We’ll start with the technology itself – the foundational structures and how they work. Then we’ll take a look at the scope of the wider blockchain industry. The key stakeholders. The scale and pace of investment. And how you can apply these learnings to your own business.
- Course will run over 8 weeks, with an estimated 50 hours of study.
- We expect this will involve about 5 - 7.5 hours per week.
- Fixed start and end dates, with weekly scheduled live webinars, individual and group activities.
- No entry requirements for the course, just bring a positive and inquisitive attitude as we will be discussing complex concepts.
Prerequisites and requirements
- This course takes place over 8 weeks and is estimated to take between 5-7.5 hours a week to complete. You will be required to submit an assessment in week seven.
- This is a entry level program and you do not require any prior technical knowledge to enrol. Just critical thinking skills and good Wi-Fi!
- Motivation to learn! We find our most successful cohorts are collaborative, so we ask you to jump into the learning environment with a positive mindset.
- A computer with good internet access
- Slack (web or free on the App Store)
- ZOOM Cloud Meetings (web or free on the App Store)
- Video capability - A good phone camera will do.
You will be eligible for a certificate on completing this course.
We estimate that you will need a total of 50 hours to complete this course over 8 weeks.
1) A computer with good internet access
2) Slack (web or free on the App Store)
3) ZOOM Cloud Meetings (web or free on the App Store)